I will have the privilege to work with such wonderful people as Ted Huston, Tim Loving, Lisa Neff, Cathy Surra...and the list goes on! I do not decide my advisor until the 2nd semester or so..which gives me enough wiggle room to decide whose research I enjoy the most, and who I most enjoy working with :) My focus is adult close relationships, with an emphasis on the Early Years of marriage and the influence of romantic relationships on health.
Earnest has been offered admission to Texas State University's English MA program with a focus on Creative Writing, under the condition that he take 2 additional undergraduate English courses this summer and earn an 'A' in both. We just found this out and are very..very..FLIPPIN..excited. They have an amazing MA and MFA program, and he will have the opportunity to work with people involved in both programs.
*
It's birthday month! The first thing Ed said to me on April 1 was not APRIL FOOLS!, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH! The actual birthDAY was great :) Ed and I both had off work and were able to spend the day together. We went to Flip Happy for breakfast, saw Dragonball Evolution, and went to the Saltlick for dinner! I love that place. My brother and Heather and Marcel joined us, and then after we had chocolate cake! I've been telling people for weeks that all I wanted for my birthday was chocolate cake, and dang if I didn't get it! The CHOCOLATE BOMB cake from last year made a reappearance, and it was delish! Perfect day with great people :)I have also put in my 2 weeks notice at my long-endured, long-loathed job :) As of this April, I have been working at the Austin Psychological and Testing Center for 3 years. I should have quit after 6 months..but I have commitment issues. And abandonment issues. Only..my fear is to break commitments and abandon others :/ After a recent stint of seriously terrible days, Ed made me promise to put in my 2 weeks. I did..and it felt GREAT. I will continue to work for Dr. Sherry, as she and I are 2 peas in a pod, and begin working in labs at UT.
*
2 comments:
yayyyy april and ed! that is sooo awesome! i am so happy for the pair of you! i am jealous that you get to stay right were you are! austin is the bomb and i miss it! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY! what the h. its APRIL! I hope you had a spectacular day missy! <3 xoxox
congrats april! that is so exciting for you! oh, and happy belated birthday! geeze april is almost over now-it's crazy how you lose track of time. and i'm proud of you for quitting a job you hate-it's something that just has to be done. so double yay! hope to hear more soon!
Post a Comment