Tuesday, May 26, 2009

bad blogger. bad.

that's me :( after sending an email urging others to start a blog, i now feel like a terrible blogger. it will be my (summer) resolution to update you all more. pinky promise.

*
My parentals are in Europe! It has been my mother's dream to go one day, and after sending two daughters there, she was through with waiting. They started in Paris, have visited Venice and Florence, and are on their way to Rome. I think dad is just excited that he didn't have to work (banking world is still ridiculous), but I hope he's actually enjoying himself. I'm sure she's ridiculously happy and wakes up every day with a smile. Wish I could see her.

I also tend to think of myself as relatively independent from my parents. It's been interesting the past couple weeks to see how many times I wish I could have called them..with questions ranging from interest only loans to cutting up watermelons.

PS- All of you soon to be brides. April's job, under no circumstances at any gathering, should be to cut up a watermelon. You would think I had never held a knife before in my LIFE.

*
Earnest and I are looking in to buying a condo! We're not looking for our dream home by any means, but we figured if we stay in Austin for at least another 5 years (the supposed length of time I will be in school) and pay, on average, $700 a month for rent..which is cheap..we will have thrown away $42,000. We'd like to get at least a little bit of this money back when we move. We've met with the realtor and are meeting with the lender this week. eee!

*
The little brother is doing well, but is looking for a roommate come August..or he'll probably move back to Tomball. This is probably not a good thing for him, so if you know any young males looking for an extra roommate (preferably the non-manipulating, relatively clean and fun, type) please let me know :) He's going to a photo shoot for Abercrombie tomorrow..so if you're the type to drool over the models you see plastered all over their walls and in their catalogue, please refrain from doing so in the near future. That would just be weird.

1 comment:

Shivonne said...

yay i'm glad you blogged again!
i feel you on the parent front...especially here where i can't really call them at all. it's funny how you take certain things for granted and then all of a sudden they're gone. i always figure...when in doubt ask the 'rents.
and real estate shopping? goodness you are living the grown up life. that's really exciting. good luck on your searches!