Consisted of me working my BOOOOOTY off. Things have been crazy at the clinic, so I offered to work extra and let the other receptionist take a couple of "mental health" days. What's wrong with me.
For cheap thrills, Ed and I rented a bunch of movies that we both felt the other should watch..he sat through Across the Universe..TWICE and Enchanted. I watched some crazy movie I can't remember the name of, but he loves 'em. I think it was called..Dr Strangelove OR How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb. Don't ask.
We also did some SXSW stuff...CRAZY FUN. He lives in the heart of SoCo, so we were within walking distance of most places. We went down to Auditorium Shores one night, and the next day we went to Waterloo Park. One of the stages had ALL SuperDeluxe.com comedians (which is one of Ed's fav websites--and group of comedians). It was a crazy good time.
We've been looking for apartments in the Austin area, as we had pretty much decided to stay put for the year we take off. We were all set to sign a pre-lease on this place down the street from where Ed is now..and they never called back. They STILL have not called back.
However...Rich (the grad student I worked under who is now doing a fellowship at UCLA) sent me an email..one of the professors he works with is looking for a Master Coder (something I'm not really qualified to be..) and really things I would be great at it. He sent the other prof an AMAZING email about me, and the other prof is really excited about me applying. AH! LA?!?!? Scary thought, but Ed was really supportive and encouraging, so I'm going to apply. EEE!
If I don't get it, it will probably be a sigh of relieve (LA scares the sh** out of me-just bc it's far away) but SO SUPER DUPER exciting. I'd love to move somewhere different. And learn to surf.
Ed and I took our ENGAGEMENT pictures on Friday! (YEA-we've only been engaged for what..8 months?) and we should have a link to our pics later this week. I'll post when we get it :)
ALSO--we met with the woman we want to officiate our wedding. Her name is Spike. She's a bit of a hippie, and a writer, and she wants to travel the world for 3 years when her son graduates from high school. She has some beautifully written ways to make it a very personal ceremony, so we're really excited about it. More to come.
I love you all! Come and visit me :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you have been busy! Soooo if you didn't realize your birthday is coming up quick...what are we planning?!?!?! I can't wait to see the pictures. Where did you take them? I am sure they turned out great...that is unless made the ED face....aka I hate posing for pictures...nah I am sure they are wonderful!
Have a good week!
I meant to say unless ed made the "ed face".
whoa dang..LA? if you get that job you're going to be a california girl! also, what is coding or whatever you will be doing? don't you just love your non psychology major friends? so i'm really excited to see the pictures, and i'm so glad to get an update on your life! love you!
Post a Comment