Monday, February 25, 2008

Just real quick

In a rush loves, sorry, but I wanted to give you all an update!

So I went home this past weekend with Ed and we
a) Got our passports taken care of! We'll get them in "4-6 weeks" if all goes well. SOOO glad to have that off our list.
b) We spoke to our travel agent! The last time I talked with her she gave us various books of guided tours and whatnot.."SEE EUROPE IN 21 DAYS!" But we knew none of these were really up our ally. Instead, I researched the trains and went to her with a list of cities we want to see, etc etc and she's supposed to be drawing up an itenerary for us! We'll travel by train, stay in the major cities and make day trips out to the smaller towns that we want to see. VERY excited. SHIVONNE--We're totally planning a meet-up :)
c) My sister has offered to make the invitations, which scared me at first. She's great at that sort of thing, always making cards and scrapbooks for someone or something, but I was afraid she might take it too far. HOWEVER, she showed me a few sample invites and I LOVE THEM! They're so beautiful and romantic, right up my ally.

Most of you know that Ed is currently writing various short stories and plans on attending grad school in the Fall of 2009 to get his MFA in creative writing. He is also currently enrolled in a creative writing class at ACC in an attempt to defer his loan payments :) He submitted a story last week and got back great reviews. TONIGHT he went to a reading at Austin Java and read part of it aloud. I'm so proud of him. Had to share.

ONE more thing :) There are finally pictures of my dress online! It's part of the Spring 2008 line, which until recently was not available on their website. But here are some pictures--much better than the ones previously posted.

I am having it altered to be tea-length..blasphemous, I know, but I don't want to worry about my dress dragging on the ground and turning brown. We're going to be outside people.

SO if you'll NOTICE the larger panel of lace going across, knee-ish area, that's where they're going to cut it. They're also going to raise it up a little around the waist. yay :)

5 comments:

L-Kat said...

beautiful.

keep me updated on showers!
(stay clean, of course...but you know what i mean)
love.

Shivonne said...

let me just say the dress is gorgeous! also, i'm super duper excited about the prospect of seeing you on your honeymoon! i'll officially get to see mrs. buck-allen in the flesh (how's the debate on the last name going btw?). thanks for updating!

Heather said...

Agreed! I feel like I can never catch you! Every time I call or text I miss you! We most deff need to make time to get together. I feel so lost in all your wedding things compared to last semester! I was the first to hear about them all and now I am hearing stuff from Marcel. Geez, call me lady!

Ivy said...

april! lover! it totally sucks that our paths didnt cross this past weekend. bummer.

im so glad you ended up liking the invitations! way to go julie! and also, your dress is amazing. you are going to be such a gorgeous bride!

oh and i want to read some of eds stuff sometime! you know that sort of thing is right up MY alley haha!

love you beautiful.

Whitney said...

aww april, thanks for the sweet message on my blog.

also...the dress is of course AMAZING as will you be on your wedding day. im so glad everything seems to be going well so far! keep us updated!

love you and miss you!