OK. Yours truly is OFFICIALLY the COOLEST person alive. Here's why.
I volunteered at the Texas School for the Deaf this past Saturday. They were hosting 9 other
states in a track tournament. I was working concessions outside, and rooting for the Texas Rangers. I was also drinking a coke. I went to finish off the coke..threw my head back and went to swallow. OOPS. I felt something in my mouth and then HOLY GEEZ felt the worst burn/STINGING on the roof of my mouth.I spit coke and a dead BEE all over the front of my shirt, and frantically scratched at the roof of my mouth like a mad person to get the stinger out. I ran to the bathroom, no mirrors. Somehow I managed to get the dang thing out...everyone was staring. What in the world is that hearing girl up to?!?
I explained to the people I was working with what happened as the roof of my mouth started to swell. My ASL class had not prepared me for this conversation. They called a police man over who escorted me to the nurses office. My friend Catherine came with me in case my AIRWAY BECAME SWOLLEN SHUT and they had no way to identify me.
The nurse offered me some Oragel and popscicles, which I gladly took. She said to be on the lookout for any difficulty breathing, and if I felt it I should call 911. She told me I was lucky that I didn't swallow it or it didn't get stuck in my airway, because then I would have gone in to shock. Way to not freak me out lady.
I am not allergic to bees, thank goodness, so all I have is a tender mouth. Talking was difficult on Saturday, and teeth brushing is no fun, but it's all better now. Thank goodness.
ALWAYS look in your coke cans before consuming your beverages :)
5 comments:
OMG APRIL.
i am so glad you're ok! i would have died. i'm allergic to bees. my airway will close up even if i get stung in the foot let alone my AIRWAY. wow. you are such a trooper.
i sent you a bday lovely in the mail, be expecting it like thursday :) sorry it's late.
love/miss!
ummm april...i'm not gonna lie. that story scared the SHIT out of me! i'm so glad you're okay-what a freaking scary incident. only you would find yourself in such a predicament.also...happy birthday! i sent you a card but i'm not sure if you got it yet so i figured i'd let you know via blog as well ;)
love you lady, and watch out for those stingers!
p.s. not sure how i managed to delete my first comment, but that was me as well!
holy mother! what the! crazy story girl! im SO glad youre okay! i hope you are all better super soon too!
ahh. frikken bees!
oh and PS someone got access to Troys bank card and SPENT 700 dollars.... so far hes gotten 550 back... we all need to be more careful it seems!
ughhhh pretty sure bees and things with stingers are an ultimate fear of mine. i run away and hide anytime i see one like a little girl!!
i cant believe that happened! ewwww!! im glad you werent allergic! now im always going to worry when i take that last drink out of a can!
miss you, dear!! hope your bday was awesome!
Post a Comment