OMG..it makes my hands shake when I think about it! and have restless nights where I can't sleep a wink, because all I can think about is the long list of things we still have to get done..seriously, i have a note-pad by the bed so I can write things down when I think about them. Not to mention packing for freaking Europe!
OK Confession: The closer the wedding gets, the more I worry about something happening to Ed. It's not even just an annoying little thing thing that I worry over, because I tend to worry about almost everything, but this deep fear that makes me breathe so fast I could hyperventilate and want to hold his hand and walk him everywhere he goes to make sure he gets there safe. Thinking about it now makes me want to cry, but I won't because he's right there..so now, you know how when you're trying not to cry, your jaw starts to hurt? it hurts like that now. gah. i guess when you're lucky enough to find someone you love that much, there has to be some sucky part, it's only fair to everyone else.
Another sucky note, my grandpa fell and broke his hip a couple of weeks ago (did I write about that?) My mom went and visited him for a week) and he was doing well, so she came home. bah. now he has pneumonia, and she's on her way back. she's not sure if she'll be back to go with me to try on my dress for the first time (which is supposed to come in this week) and she called Roxanne (the woman who threw my shower for me) to "step in as mommy, and tell you how pretty you look, and how perfect everything will be" ...she's thinking what i'm thinking, what do we do if the worst happens, postpone the wedding?
ANOTHER sucky note. Little brother went through a pretty twisted relationship which recently ended, and he is having a reeeeeally hard time with it. He had to leave Tomball because he didn't trust himself (and we didn't trust him) to stay there. He's sleeping on Ed's couch...so there are 4 people in he apartment now..3 boys. Ed has been amazing with him, staying up late to talk to him for hours, taking him out so he'll have something else to think about. Love him. But 3 boys? Sometimes I leave to go back to my apartment to get a little estrogen. But Carra's parents came up this past weekend and took some of the bigger furniture home with them, so they wouldn't have to move EVERYTHING on the 21st. It's pretty depressing. She and I have been trying to spend more time together, we're both kinda depressed about our four years of living together coming to an end. Sigh. We went and got mani/pedis today. It was fun.
Mmk good things. Ed is having his "Hail the Male" shower this weekend..where we're supposed to eat beer chicken and jalapeƱos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. and he's supposed to get a bunch of boy junk that he'll never use, if he ever figures out how to use it.
My dress is supposed to come in this week. We have hotel rooms for people. We're going shopping tomorrow for Ed's suit and ring.
What a ramble. Love you guys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i'm so excited!
i talked to my HR person at fossil and she said i'll just have to fill out a time off request for june 6 and it shouldn't be a problem, yay!
ok jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon is the best thing ever. i make that all the time.
ivy and i are super psyched about the bachelorette weekend! it's gonna be super great.
love you lots!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! so so so frikken excited! i cannot wait!! I think i am going to go express or ht elimited tomorrow afternoon and find a new dress..the nordstrom one just isnt gonna cut it! troys down for doing the picture/slide show thing and i am so psyched about the shower! send me or laura your SIZES asap!
love you dear!
oh april! it's funny, i was just on facebook and i saw my countdown for your wedding and i was like 'gah! i can't believe it's only a month away! i wonder how april is doing..' so i came and checked up on you lady. i just have one word...relax. i know it must be impossible to even imagine with all your last minute planning and tasks and family issues, but the best you can do is try to enjoy this time, get everything taken care of that you can, and let the rest go. i'm praying for you, and try not to worry too much love!
also, i will just briefly note how bummed i am on missing out on not only the big day but also the bachelorette festivities...but i'll be there in spirit!
finally, i feel you on the whole fraternity house boy living situation. the house i live in has 6 dudes in it. and one other girl. yep. talk about testosterone filled, empty toilet rolled, dirty kitchen, smelly bathroom accomodation. oh well. what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...
anywho i love you woman! try to get some sleep...i'm thinking about you tons!
yay for wedding planning :) i can tell your head is spinning haha...ENJOY IT!!!!!
ps- ed sounds like a SUPER amazing dude :)
Post a Comment