Sunday, July 13, 2008

back in the groove

hello loves! so we're back in austin...and things are pretty much back to "normal" here.

I met with Yasisca (1 of the 2 grad students I'll be working for in the Sexual Psychophysiology Laboratory) and will now be going in on Monday and Fridays to assist her in her work. For right now it will just be entering and analyzing data in SPSS (a program I have forgotten..a fact I was deathly afraid of admitting to any potential grad schools..so the refresher course is pretty sweet) and come fall I'll be running participants (love that part) again! The study is called Fashion Mag, and is pretty much trying to see if a female's view of her body has an effect on her sexual response. Girls will be coming in, filling out questionnaires, and then watching a...movie...after which I measure their arousal using vaginal photoplethysmography (pretty much an electric tampon that measures blood flow). I'm super excited about it.

I'm also keeping my old job..BOO..but we're poor, and I need to contribute :) Ed says he'll be my sugar daddy now..because he's pretty sure I'll be his sugar mama later. Love him.

And on that note..the honeymoon was fabulous! But now we're back..living with the brothers. Ed's brother actually moved back to Tomball yesterday (didn't do so hot in school) so it's just David left here. I must say, it's no fun living with your siblings after you're freakin' married. But we move to our new place on August 9, and I am COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS until it is just the 2 of us.

I'll be sending an email when I finally finish with our honeymoon pictures..they're all uploaded, I just need to finish adding the captions. Love you all! Shivonne--welcome home!!

2 comments:

Ivy said...

youre home and safe honeymooned out! looks like yall had an amzing time! i hope you loved your rip to the top of the eifell tower ;)!!

are you coming to houston anytime soon? i wanna see you! i need to go to austin (i think on tusday) to turn in my keys and what not - it may be kind of rushed bc i am coming from san antonio and thugh austin on the way home... but whats your schedule like on tuesday?

okay this should have been a msg or a phone call.. sry!

Shivonne said...

thanks for the shoutout april! i'm so excited to peruse your honeymoon pics-i'm uber jealous of all your travels. i know i'll be coming to austin at some point, and i'll definately give you a call-i need to see the lovely mrs. buck in person. thanks for the update! muah!