On Saturday! I cannot even explain how excited I am. For over a year now I've felt like I didn't really have a place, a home. Sure, all of my stuff was at mine and Carra's apartment, but my Earnest, my life, was at Ed's apartment with all of that gross boy furniture and dirty dishes. There is my parents' house in Tomball, but as soon as I moved out my mom redid my room and it hasn't really felt like home for a while. Before the wedding I moved most of my stuff into storage and a few things (mmmostly clothes :)) into Ed's apartment. This is where we have been living, with our brothers, since May 21. Granted, his younger brother is now back in Tomball, so it's just David, but he's a horrible roommate. I'm a bit of a neat freak and get an unhealthy kick out of organizing and recreating my own personal spaces, and it has seriously impacted my quality of life to not have things...my way... That sounds horrible. We also thought it would just be the two of us once we moved..turns out Dave might be staying with us until he moves in to his apartment (Longhorn Landing) on the 23rd. I KNOW IT'S ONLY A COUPLE OF WEEKS...but AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!
Ed is having a hard time too. He lives to write and hasn't been able to do anything productive since before the wedding. He'll have early mornings here and there when there's no one awake to distract him, but not having the privacy and appropriate environment to write in is stifling him, he feels frustrated and angry. HE can't wait for us to have our own space too.
The apartment is small, with no washer and dryer connection.. SAD FACE. But, it will do, and it will allow us to put money in savings each week that we will desperately need when it's time to apply to grad school..and BE in grad school. If that even works out, omgeeee.
As Heather's blog says, we went dress shopping! She's going to be so gorgeous..I can't believe we have to wait 2 years! Sigh.
Work has been pretty nuts. Right before the wedding the Dr. I work for fired the Office Manager (not doing her job and I'm pretty sure some personal stuff was involved) so the other office lady gal (Frances) and I have been bustin' our boooooties to catch up on everything that she didn't do. We're redoing insurance claims from TWO YEARS AGO. The Dr. has hundreds of thousands of dollars that are owed to her by insurance companies that we're having to go back and try and get. I could not even imagine having that much money owed to me. We got a check in the mail today for $15, 865 from ONE insurance company.. so Frances and I were feeling pretty good about ourselves today :)
The labs I'm working in are also going well. The lab on depression is, go figure, pretty depressing, but it's good experience. The sexuality lab is flipping fun and I can't wait to start running participants in the Fall. WOOT!
Currently Reading: The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. Word on the street is that she's a writer every feminist should be familiar with. She was married to the poet Ted Hughes and is also known for her own poetry. The book started off great..very witty and entertaining. HOWEVER, Syliva died at the age of 32(?) after she killed herself, and the book is supposed to be pretty spot on in recounting Sylvia's own attempted suicides. Right now the main character is spiraling downwards through a major depression..and she's depressing me. I'm having a difficult time finishing it, but my next book is The Optimists, so at least there will be an uplifting book to follow it with.
IVY- ED SAID TO READ THE BOOK HE GAVE YOU ASAP SO YOU CAN TELL HIM HOW MUCH YOU LIKED IT AND HOW GREAT HE IS FOR RECOMMENDING IT. As if you didn't have enough to do already :)
I love you all deeearly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
haha! im going to start it! i am! i need things to calm down around here in good old sugar land. i was going to start reading it in bed yesterday but then i remembered there is something sad about a baby and i didnt want that to be what i read right before bed haha! GOOD LUCK MOVING!!! its going to be great! and your bro will be gone in no time! no worries!
ps i wanna hear more about your sex lab!!! details on the study.. and also the depression lab too!
ok, i read the bell jar last year and i felt the same way. the first part was great! then it made me very sad and a little angry. i can not relate to people who are incapable of being happy. i realize that this is a condition that they are suffering from, but to outsiders (like us, apparently), her attitude seems very...dare i say...selfish? not selfish in the sense that most people think but selfish in the way that nothing satisfies them SELVES.
anyway i don't do depressing. i prefer happy. sit me down with a romantic comedy and i'm happy as a clam.
love you.
Post a Comment