Ever since my last post, Ed and I have been GRAD SCHOOL go go go go go!
Turns out, we suck. They didn't allow you to sign up for the GRE subject tests until September, so when we were finally able to, we both did. Without ever double checking our schools to make sure they still require them. Ugh. Turns out, every school except ONE (UCLA) dropped that requirement. NONE OF OUR OTHER SCHOOLS REQUIRE IT. Talk about a waste of money, not to mention TIME invested in studying for that stupid thing. It's so super frustrating, I cannot even articulate. Not only frustration with the schools, who realize now how stupid it is to think a test like that is any true reflection of your knowledge (they should take the hint on the general GRE too!) but frustration with ourselves, for not double checking.
Other than that, the process has been going great! We each have a list of about 15 schools now (the number has gone up as we've been forced to realize that the likelihood of BOTH of us getting in to the same school is not so great). We both have our rec letters secured and only need now to get our materials to them. Ed is finally almost finished with the rough draft of the story he wants to submit. After that it's workshop, workshop, workshop! I don't have anything like that, but need to update my personal statement from last year (add in all my super-cool lab tricks that i've learned!) and essays for each institution.
We're super confident that the application process this year will go much more smoothly than last year. We pulled out papers from our grad school planning sessions last year, and they were covered in wedding notes! What were we thinking.
And we've been super great lately. Our schedules work out really well and we've been making a lot of time for each other. CRAZIEST THING! Turns out, he thought Sleeping Beauty and Snow White were the same fairy tale!!!! He had no idea there were separate stories. BLASPHEMY, I KNOW. How can he be married to such a romantic and not know these things? Never fear though ladies, thanks to Disney and I, he is now educated. "You know, your Enchanted movie didn't help," ...I guess he never caught on that it was supposed to be a combination of fairy tales. Oh my.
The family is good! Campbell is still not walking..which I think is odd, since she turned 1 in August. Ed's dad was in town for a conference this week, so we went out to dinner last night and we made dinner tonight. He brought me a bottle of wine (which I drank..by myself:)). I like him. He's a very relaxed, likable guy that likes to laugh.
Ed works a double on Friday and then we're driving up to Dallas Saturday morning for the game! We're going to spend a lot of time with Zac, an all-time favorite of both of ours that has been begging us to come see him in Dallas for the longest time. Zac was Ed's roommate for 2.5 years, played the guitar at the wedding, and obnoxiously caught the garter.
The Peacock is still here! Turns out, the thing climbs up into the trees to sleep at night! My grandparents raised peacocks when I was younger, so I know that they're mean little things that make a lot of racket..but I like this one. He gives off sort of a Fonzie vibe :)
Not sure if you guys can see it, but that's it up in a tree. In the center of the picture.Another note on animals. The Dr. I work for decided the office didn't have enough "life" in it. And since we are a place of healing, we should have life. Somehow, that translated into her putting frogs in our waiting room. Creepy.

This is the fat guy. He likes to sneak up near the lid...hoping we'll open it and he can escape to freedom. You should see him attack a cricket.
on that note, love you all!
1 comment:
i am so excited for you and ed. :) there are so many possibilities!
are you still applying for social programs?
do not take the subject test if you dont have to - it seriously sucks.
call me soon and fill me in on the process, the schools, etc!
<3
Post a Comment