Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Nothing major to report really...Ed suggested a new title for the blog..it's fitting.

Right now we're both still working and trying to get grad school apps ready. I was able to send out packets to all of my recommendation letter people this past week, which is definitely a weight off. I can handle doing my own things last minute, but it looks a bit unprofessional to ask them to do the same.

Ed has almost finished a story that he's been working on for the past couple of months. He's a little frustrated and is trying to make all of the pieces come together so people can review it, but I'm excited! He's worked really hard on it and I can't wait for him to hear from other people (besides his ever-loving, always-impressed wife) that it's good.

This past week for ladies night we had pumpkin carving! I have only carved a pumpkin once before (my mom was always real big on the holiday decorations, so we never really needed to carve our own pumpkin) so it was quite the experience. I bought a fairytale pumpkin because I thought it looked whimsical, but apparently it is not ideal for pumpkin carving. The walls were so thick, I ended up having to use a steak knife to carve the whole thing! I carved a Bevo, and I think I did him justice. I also made special Halloween treats for the occassion! -dirt cake (pudding, really) complete with worms in little Halloween containers :)

Ed and I haven't made any plans for the festive evening..I've always wanted to try downtown, but I know I'll hate how crowded it is. Ed has had to work on Halloween before and I've had to pick him up...it is the most ridiculous time for downtown! I hope you all have fun whatever your plans are!

PS Miss Dudney! I had to tell you that I finished my first mexican martini all by myself! It reminded me of you and the many martinis you had to help me finish :) I love you! Call me soon!



2 comments:

Heather said...

I was reading your blog the other day at school and someone was like..."what's ballin on a budget?" It was funny, made me laugh!

Ivy said...

i love the new name hahha and your hair is so cute! :) congrats on getting all the stuff out for yoru profs! yay!!