My dad had the flu when I got home on Thursday, and i just KNEW I was going to catch it, even though I took extra care to steer clear of everything he came in contact with, wash my hands, take my vitamins, and not breathe his air. A cue-tip shoved up my nose at the doc's office yesterday confirmed, however, that I indeed have the flu. BAH.
I found the dress with my mom and sister at The Princess Bridal..a cute little boutique in Old Town Spring (if you're from the Houston area, you might be familiar with it) and then spent the rest of the afternoon at an equally cute cafe. It was an incredibly enjoyable experience--my sister was pleasant, mom was more excited than I was (she cried when I had it on) and I got to try on so many different types of dresses! and let me just say, those suckers are HEAVY!! I tried one on that was 100 lbs! No WONDER they have assistants that help you get dressed!
The dress I chose was ivory satin with a lace overlay. The beading and lace was beautiful, and I just found out this afternoon that they are willing to make it tea length for me. I'll get it sometime at the beginning of April, so there will be time for additional alterations if needed.
Now apparantly the boutique has some arrangement with the designers that they won't let people take a picture in the dress unless they buy it? Something about publicity..whatever. These shots are Juli in the dressing room, me out in the middle, and no flash, so as not to draw attention :)
I travel to Albuquerque tomorrow with Ed to go to the conference for the Society for Personality and Social Psychology. Hopefully this fever comes down and I'm able to actually enjoy the trip, and not get rooms full of people sick :/
4 comments:
Aww...even Marcel said this looks like an April dress! I can't wait to see the true fitting shorter dress! Get well so I can see you, because Deary I am NOT getting sick! Love
April! So beautiful!! You are going to be such a gorgeous bride! :) how sweet your momma cried..
Oh and have so much fun in new Mexico! I want to hear all about it! <3
April! You looked beautiful in that dress...how exciting! I especially love that it's going to be tea length. I hope you are feeling better and get to enjoy the trip...love you!
that is so lovely, april. i mean it, it's a beautiful dress. i wish i could put my newly-found bridal passion to use on you...but oh well...you're obviously doing great! i love and miss you muchos!
SO sorry about the flu...i feel you're pain. the only good thing about it is that you lose like 5 pounds. but you also lose about 3-4 days of productivity and most of your appetite so it's kind of a lose-lose-lose...
love you woman
Post a Comment