Wednesday, November 19, 2008

you will not stop my jingle bell ROCK

Because I'm a holiday rock star.

I will admit that I was one of the many who became slightly irritated at Hobby Lobby when they began putting their christmas decorations up in JULY. However. It is November, and even if Thanksgiving has not come and gone, I still say we should spread the Holiday cheer :)

My mom has always been a big fan of holiday decorations. It's one of my favorite parts about going home each year..to see what new little houses she has added to her holiday village, or to see if she got her LIFE SIZE dancing Santa a new wifey friend yet. I love the holidays, and with holidays comes lots of food, cheer, and decorations.

Ed will not let me put up my decorations until Thanksgiving is over. Hmph. This is my silent retaliation against him...he can't change my blog :)

Ed and I still aren't sure where we will be spending TG this year..my family always goes to Seguin to see my grandparents..which has since become grandfather. It's pretty depressing..especially seeing as how I now think he's a bit of an a-hole. There's no real cheer there. My mom goes because it's her dad, and my dad goes to support my mom. Juli is still abroad, so no sibling support from her this go round, and who knows where David will be..I doubt he even realizes that TG is coming up.

Ed's family always goes to his grandparents house..who happen to live on the street over from my parents. Holidays there are far less depressing than those at my grandfather's, but his grandma isn't doing so hot these days. I'm pretty sure she's stuck in time, about 10 years ago. She still knows who she is and who we are, but the stories she tells as if they were yesterday all happened a good 10, 15 years ago.

Hmmph. This will not stop my jingle bell rock. Ed and I are a new family now, and we will celebrate the hell out of these holidays. Of course it might end up in me celebrating them enough for the both of us. He's a bit of a scrooooge.

I hope you all are getting excited for food and football! HOOK 'EM!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I am putting up the Christmas stuff this weekend!! So I think you should too! Marcel said no, and I told him that I was doing it anyways! HA! I am SOO excited!! He thinks it is ridiculous how excited I get!

Ivy said...

i love your cute holiday spirited blog! and i miss you!... a lot!!

Shivonne said...

ummmm...i HEART holidays! i do manage to restrain myself until after Turkey day to go crazy on the cheer, but i'm obsessed with christmas music. i would so rock that christmas tree with you if i could...miss you girly.