Sunday, December 7, 2008

applications..ugh.

Not much going on in Buckland..just working and trying to finish up our applications! I have currently finished my applications to:
Univ. of Minnesota, UC Santa Barbara, Rochester, Stony Brook, and UC Irvine.
I am working on my applications to:
UT Austin Psychology, UT Austin HDFS, Univ of Houston, and Univ of Massachusetts

Notice there is no Northwestern in the mix. That is because I am an IDIOT and wrote down that the due date was December 31. It was definitely the 1st. I have mixed feelings about the mix-up..it was my own personal #2 choice. I would love to work under Eli Finkel there. HOWEVER, he said he might not take a student this coming year unless they were exceptional (years of experiences, GRE in the 1500s-1600s..what a prick, right?), plus there is nothing for Ed in Chicago. It was one of my..I'm applying anyway in case the worst happens and you don't get in anywhere, dear..schools. BAH. Ed is rolling through his applications too. We should both be done come mid-January, and then as Ivy said, it's the waiting game!

We went to my grandfather's house for the day for Thanksgiving (pictures on fb) which was an alright trip. No one told us it was a lunch instead of dinner, so we got there after everyone else had already eaten. It was alright though...we came back to Austin shortly after and watched the game together. Good evening.

I put up my christmas decorations! The night of Thanksgiving!! Ed insisted that I wait until the next day, but I was done waiting.

We're pretty much almost done with christmas shopping..we're going to be cutting it close just to cover everyday things after we pay off our credit card with all of our grad school stuff on it, so we're going light this year. Wedding scrapbooks for the parentals, new hoodie for the bro, books for Campbell, and sipping chocolate for the sis. Ed's family is doing a white elephant gift exchange, but that should be easy.

Monday is Lonestars formal..weird to not be going, right?? It's also the last girl's night that Catherine will probably be able to attend before she moves to Dallas to start her grad school career..SO SAD!! We met in ASL and she has been such a fantastic friend. Now who will watch Grease 2 with me? This is also the time of year that most of you lovely ladies packed up and moved on to bigger things..I love the holidays, but it all seems so dreary.

I am also starting a second job tomorrow. Alissa Sherry (professor at UT) needs someone to help her in her private practice, so I'll be helping her to get and stay organized as she transitions to a new office. I've pretty much got this sort of thing nailed by now, so it should be easy-breezy.

Juli comes home on the 19th..should be interesting. Things have been a bit easier with her overseas, but it will be nice to hear her laugh again. Maybe she'll watch Grease 2 with me!

I hope you are all doing well. Ivy- I still need to hear the rest of the engagement story! Call me when you're done with finals! Laura- How the world are you?!? Shivonne- thanks for posting love! I'm super excited for all of the things you have coming up in the next couple of months! Heather- see you tomorrow!

No comments: