Friday, June 26, 2009

(blank)

Couldn't think of a title. Deal.

Yesterday Ed and I went around Austin with our favorite realtor, Michael, to search for condos! **Warning: NEVER try to find a condo during the summer. These people don't leave the AC on and we were absolutely MELTING at the end of it.
BUT, we did find one that we both really liked :)

It's small, updated enough so that we can move right in, full-size washer/dryer, on a bus stop, and I get my larger than average bathtub. Those were pretty much our (my) only specifications :) We're not looking for the dream home, just something we're comfortable in that's relatively hassle free, that we hopefully won't throw money away on (like renting). The loan paperwork hasn't gone through yet, so no moves on it yet.

I've been a web searching fool lately, trying to find ways to make a small space doable. Apartment Therapy has me convinced that smaller is better and offers a lot of super fun ideas for small spaces. I've pretty much bookmarked every. single. thing.



I have also found a new little gem in south austin. **INSERT LOVE OF SOUTH AUSTIN HERE** Sugar Mama's Bakeshop!! Most of you know that I worked at a bakery all through high school, and I miss those days terribly! I don't think I have had another job to this date that has been more gratifying or immediately satisfying. Do an amazing lattice top for a cherry pie and BAM 45 minutes later, there it is, in all of it's perfectly golden-brown and sugary-glistening glory. This little shop down the street is amazing, baking everything from scratch daily, with vegan options and some pretty outrageous daily specials. It's old fashioned and small. Totally adorable.

And for those of you bride to beeeees! Here's a website offering a few eco-friendly kitchen options. I know there are A LOT of sites out there, and that you can't stock your entire kitchen, but I wish I had been more eco-conscious when registering for all of my gadgets.

AND, I want to make this. Who will help me?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Can we go to the bakery sometime!? I am thinking that once the school year gets into full force we need to make girls night again...even if it is just me you and Erin! We have a ladies pad now! Girly movies welcome!