EVER.
We did a lot of driving the last couple weeks or so between Austin and Houston, going home to spend time with his family and attend his grandmother's funeral. After going over his speech with his older brother, Ed decided he would not be able to speak. Chris offered to do it, so he did his own speech and then read what Ed had written. It was perfect. All of the boys had a breakdown or two. She was such a beautiful woman, the matriarch of the Buck clan, and she held that family together in such a beautiful way. I've never been close to my extended family, but they've pulled me close since I was 15, and she was always what I thought a grandmother should be. His grandfather lost the love of his life, after being together from the time she was 16 until she died at age 77. They had a slide show of pictures with her during her service, and they ended it with pictures from our wedding, the very last picture being the one I posted in my last blog. Totally lost it.
We missed a lot of class/work and have been making up for it, Ed working doubles and having to make up stuff he missed in summer school, and me pulling double shifts in the lab AND at Dr. Sherry's. We weren't going to be able to go home for Father's Day, so my family decided to come here. Great...but...we had NO time to see them. We were able to go to dinner with them last night and I took them to a bakery today when I had a lunch break, but that was about it. David is going through a rough patch again, so they really came to see him I think, but still. Exhausting.
We spent 2.5 hours with the lender on Wednesday signing paperwork so they can just START looking into what sort of loan we can get. We go to look at condos with the realtor on Thursday? Wednesday? My days are running together.
What is this I hear about a bachelorette party? Ed has some friends flying in some time in July..so let me know! I need to write these things down :)
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
april i'm so sorry for you and ed's loss. deaths are never easy, especially letting go of such special people. i hope you get caught up with everything and finally get a moment to relax.
Im so sorry for your loss april. :( its so hard. what a beautiful memory you have though of her at your wedding. you can cherish that.
**weekend of july 18... whitneys on the invites! be on the lookout!
Post a Comment