stays in vegas! we had such a great time. that place is absolutely RIDICULOUS and we are both EXHAUSTED. i don't know that i'll ever recover, sigh (please imagine your most dramatic, southern woman sigh inserted here). and, no joke, my FEET are so swollen from walking around that whole place that i've had to sleep with my feet propped up for the past couple nights!
i didn't find out where we were going until we got to the airport and the woman at the desk asked ed where our final destination was. he tried so hard to whisper las vegas to her, but i heard it! and yelped in excitement. she realized that she had spoiled a surprise and felt very bad, but there were more surprises to come!
i didn't find out the hotel we were in until ed told the cab driver. Planet Hollywood! That place is so fun..much newer and younger? hipper? than some of the other places. PS Heather- That's where the guys should stay if they go!
We did a lot of sight seeing..which led to a lot of feelings of guilt about how absolutely ridiculous and wasteful that entire city is. if i was going to take out a city..that might be it. it's hard to imagine how much time and attention was paid to each and every detail of every place, though. ridiculous.
ed won a little money in the poker rooms, and i lost a little on the slots. we jointly lost a nice chunk at the black jack tables in hollywood's Pleasure Pit. f black jack.
we saw a cirque du soleil show! KA at the MGM. It was so fabulous, I loved the aerial acrobatics. I wish Ed and I could do that together. It looked like so much fun.
we ate some yummy food and had a lot of yummy drinks (BEST mojito EVER..with mashed strawberries and blueberries added, YUM). those people just keep bringing you free drinks while you're playing, and who am i to turn them down :) they're taking my money, aren't they?
it was a fabulous trip, but we're happy to be home!
ed finished up his mini mester today, and I got some really good news! Maybe only Ivy can appreciate this, but Dr. Neff, who I am now and will be working with in the fall, just had an NSF grant come through (600K!)! It's a 3 year grant, and I'll be getting a few perks with it! I will have SUMMER FUNDING FOR 3 YEARS AND GET TO BE AN RA- NO TAing FOR ME!! At least not until later when I'll need to squeeze in a semester or so :) And this will be data that I'll be able to publish with for the first 10 or so years of my career. It's a huge undertaking and I'm going to be working my ass off, but I'm super excited about it.
and abbi and joseph are getting married on sunday!

yay life :)
3 comments:
oh my gosh! vegas! how fun! i am dying to go there! troy and i just "won" a free trip sort of thing and vegas is one of the locations... dun dun dun! what a great gift! good job ed!
and the nsf grant! that is AMAZING! congratulations! you are such a baller! t.a.-ing does kinda blow! haha :)
I am so glad you went and had so much fun! Plus now it will be much easier to see what the boys are really up to if they do go to Vegas!
i've just been catching up on your blog and it seems you had a nice couple of weeks...vegas and spa time...not bad at all!
i've always wanted to go to vegas just to say i've done it. the shows look the most exciting to me. i'm glad y'all had such a good time.
congrats on the grant and happy belated anniversary!
Post a Comment