Monday, April 21, 2008

Tea Party!

My Tea Party Shower was this past weekend.. and it was amazing! It was absolutely the girliest thing EVER and I absolutely adored it. It was hosted by Roxanne, her daughter Alissa, her future daughter-in-law, Kourney, and her mother-in-law Wilona. Roxanne is married to Darrell, who is my dad's best friend and has been since they were in 5th grade. Darrell and Roxanne Dysone are also one of my 2 sets of god-parents.

The Dysons turned their living room, normally red, into the girliest mixtures of blues and greens. Pictures of Ed and I sat on every table. They set up round tables everywhere with china, tea pots, and tea cups that had tea packets sitting next to them. The tea packet, "The Perfect Blend," had mine and Ed's names on it as well as ou wedding date :) They gave me a box to take home with me- Ed said that as soon as I startr drinking one I'm going to want to cuddle and watch Enchanted. He's right :)

They completely went all out on the food, with so many types of sandwiches and fruit, and dessert! Chocolate cake, petits fours, and smaller April-size chocolate cakes! It was absolutely delicious. We all ate our yummy food and drank SO MANY types of teas, it was so much fun.
Gift time was fun too ;) Everyone was given a Bingo card to fill in with the gifts they thought I would get. Carra's mom won a bingo as did Ed's grandma, and took home flower arrangements.

I came away with more stuff than I knew what to do with! I didn't want to haul it all to Austin and then just move it again, so most of it went into storage. I brought a few things back :)

And guess who decided to surprise me!?! Carra!!! She called her mom on Thursday to tell her that she wanted to surprise me by coming in on Saturday. It was so great of her. She also bought her dress!! She and I have been hitting rough spots lately, and she really stepped up big this weekend. It was great to see her.

haha, and get this! One of my best friends since 5th grade, Brandon, stopped by to say hi on Friday. He brought with him a gift from his mom..a doilie with 'Buck' in it!! It's hilariously cute. Ed's not a huge fan, but it's def going in a frame and up on a wall somewhere :)

It was a fabulous shower! Completely showed up any that I had ever been to before. And now I have some good ideas for YOU LADIES in the future! I love you all and wish you could have been there to enjoy the girliness, it's nice to be disgustingly girly every once and a while.

5 comments:

Ivy said...

oh my gosh april. this is SO cute. i am so disappointed i missed it. i am a big fan of YOU and of tea so it would have been perfect! I am so glad you had so much fun at your first shower! time is flying and soon youll be married.. gaw. i cant wait to see you soon and celebrate with you as we shower youwith lingerie! oo lala! please update, update, update - i love hearing about how you are doing. im actually probably going to call you today or tomorrow bc i miss you!
talk to you soon! <3

Shivonne said...

ahhh miss buck! (see you're not mrs. buck yet, but you're more than miss allan, so i came up with a compromise)I heart your girlie wedding shower-i'ts so great to have blogs so we can share all these things with eachother. how's everything else in premarital bliss world going? and when is your honeymoon? we must meet up european style...
love and miss you!

Heather said...

I WISH I had come....stupid school!! Hope to see you soon!

Whitney said...

awww OMG it was adorable! i soo wish i could have been there! youre such a cute little bride-to-be! i love you, dearie! im so happy you had such a wonderful shower!!! youre almost married!!!

L-Kat said...

i'm coming to austin tomorrow and staying for as long as i possibly can. we're going to get together whenever you're free and talk about your ragin bachelorette weekend that i am looking forward to MORE THAN YOU KNOW. k love you..later :)